For the most part, my attitude the past month and a half has been pretty upbeat; however, this week was the utter exception. I'm hoping that this weekend's activities will offer me much-needed respite from the drama and running around that normally takes place this time of year.
Sunday kicked it off with a wake for the mother of one of my favorite college friends and Friday ended with an unexpected twist at work (the result is far from negative but a bit of unnecessary anxiety didn't help things). On Tuesday evening, I got some news that someone very dear to me is going through yet another health scare. On Wednesday, I found out that someone from back home was a victim of a stupid hate crime (he's fine and the cops arrested the supremacist kids). Believe me when I say, I am so happy that this week is over!
All in all, I'm trying to stay focused, positive and am becoming more and more appreciative of the good folks that have graced my life. 2007 was a fantastic year in that I was able to get close to a batch of really caring, solid and savvy new friends while maintaining a deeper level of trust and understanding with existing ones. It's with those folks that I intend to make this year's holiday season one for the books.
Thanks for reading this and allowing me to vent. I am now in the right mindset to do some Christmas decorating at the apartment with my roommmate.
Have a great weekend and a fun rest of December! Two and a half more weeks to go till the New Year (and Spain)! Cheers.