Life is good, and I'm a bit eager to see how things unfold in the coming weeks. A lot of needed changes are taking place - professionally and personally. I guess the main thing on my mind is wrapping up things at my current job while trying to maintain enough grace/charm/composure to land the "right" next job -- my aspiration is to get an agency role in PR. Some changes have elicited feelings of relief yet at the same time when I tend to think very hard about the future, anxiety emerges.
Luckily, yesterday's kickoff to the holiday weekend provided some respite from the anxiety. Had a very lovely (and rich) lunch with Ben and Jezz over at Artisanal to bid adieu to my favorite intern and send him off in a way befitting. One REALLY good glass of wine and tons of cheese later, and all I wanted to do was nap.... which I did... until I had to get ready to meet up with la familia downtown.
Not since Christmas, had we gathered the East Coast faction of the family together, and it was such a nice experience. Tita Rosemarie is in town for the week to spend time with Chip, Pinky, and Miles. She treated us, including Val and Joseph, to yet another fantastic meal at Paprika (my former lunchmate, Lucy, introduced me to the spot) -- starting with a caprese insalata, mussels, red wine, topped off with some mighty fine non-traditional pasta dishes like fettucine with a light cream sauce, shrimp, asparagus, and grapes (?), lobster ravioli, gnocchi. We then headed over to Veniero's for dessert -- a first for Pinky, Tita Rosemarie, and Val. Miles was one happy almost-three-year-old, jumping around all over the joint, futzing with a security code to a private room, and knocking over stantions. Smart thing that his mommy ordered him sugar-free cookies for dessert!
The rain started up again in the evening, I headed home, had a nice phone chat with Mom, Dad, and Derek (who's recovering back home in Cali), and felt so relaxed (a serene kind of happiness). I'm sure the anxiety about not knowing when and where my next job will be will return shortly, but at least I know that there are people out there who love and believe in me. And with folks like that in your corner, it makes life's challenges - big or small - a heckuva lot easier to handle.
Fingers crossed!