Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hindu Halloween... well, not quite!

I love, love, love THE OFFICE... Got hooked on it, thanks to a marathon of episodes courtesy of iTunes video downloads. I can't wait till this Thursday's episode. Dagnamit, I still have that infuriating Cardigans song running in my head ("Love me, love me, say that you love me, fool me, fool me...").

From Watch with Kristin:

Happy Diwali! Any scoop on this week's Office episode?
Happy Diwali to you, too! I just watched it this morning and nearly fell off the treadmill laughing. This Thursday's episode is written by Mindy Kaling (Kelly); it centers around the Hindu holiday Diwali (which Michael, in all his cultural sensitivity, describes as the Hindu Halloween), and I think you'll all be more than a little surprised at what goes down in it. Funny, funny, stuff. Mindy's real-life parents are hilarious as her TV parents, and most importantly, Pam wears her hair down!

The reason why I'm so interested in Diwali is because my close friends own their own food line, and every year, it's the time that they are nowhere to be found (on the social front). One of the traditions is to give away Indian sweets (hence, why THE OFFICE's Michael refers to the holiday as the "Hindu Halloween").

Anyhow... TRICK OR TREAT, kiddies! Have fun and be safe out there!!!

Lastly, a birthday shoutout: Happy 30th to Teethwriter!