Tuesday, July 12, 2005

boundaries

Another good email from a friend of mine here in NY. I've been feeling mentally and physically exhausted the past few days, and I've always had a problem with boundaries... This helped keep things in perspective and is worth posting for posterity.

Years ago when I was overworked and feeling like I was at my breaking point, someone once said to me: “Heather, what are you doing to make this chaos real?”

It was great to hear, because I was feeling so victimized by my employer and it helped me to realize that I was instrumental in creating my own victimization.

REPEAT AFTER ME: I have the choice of what to accept and not accept and no one will voluntarily make that decision for me. Nothing bad will happen if I draw boundaries. We all have limitations, but at my best I offer enough.

Hope this helps.

Ok, Guru Heather is signing off now! See you Thursday!