"They say that breaking up is hard to do, but what exactly is the procedure when the relationship you want to get out of is a friendship, not a romance?"
Someone opened an article with that and it's quite appropriate for what's on my mind... Right now, I'm seething. And it sucks that I'm all annoyed because it's truly a gorgeous day out. This is the first decent weather weekend in ages, and all I can think about is how I'm ticked off at a former "close friend" who has decided to not be my friend without actually telling me that he doesn't want to be my friend or without giving me a reason. On top of that, I haven't actually done anything to this person so I don't really know what's prompted this.
People talk about closure when it comes to ending a romance. Truthfully, I've ended a few friendships, but usually some sort of explanation is given if it's one that used to be fairly tight. Often, it's the "it's not you, it's me" or "I've been going through something" or "we've just grown apart" excuse. Sounds like b.s., but for the most part, it isn't.
I know that I should move on (and hopefully I will). It's just so frickin' hypocritical that this person who used to tout the virtues of etiquette, propriety, and courtesy, obviously doesn't respect, care, or have the courtesy of clueing me in on what the impetus of our dropped friendship is. What an asshole. Or maybe I'm the asshole for caring or allowing him to hurt me.
Okay, enough time and space has been wasted on this no-win situation... I'm going to head out, walk around the city, and enjoy what's left of this beautiful Sunday afternoon.