My birthday came and went... It's been snowing a bit over the past couple of days (good for me since it means that alternate side of the street parking's been suspended, so I don't have to move my car for the next few days...). So far, the holidays have been very kind to me... I'm really lucky to have some pretty remarkable (and generous) folks in my life. I wanted to spend my bday in a fairly lowkey manner, and I did just that. Just got home from having dinner with my friend, Lydia, downtown at Vento -- yum... and totally on my company's dime.
From the LA Times (let's see if the predictions come true, shall we?)...
Today's birthday (December 27). The thrills you dreamed about as a small child are now re-entering your life. Connecting with ambitions of bygone days gives you vitality and optimism -- what could be more attractive? The next three months are busy, social and filled with options. But do settle in with someone by April. Work and finances go better when your love life is decided. Your lucky numbers are: 8, 24, 30, 52 and 18.
This week's birthdays (Dec 26-1/1): You're committed to making a difference in the world this year, and the world seems to respond to your every intention. Small changes in your interpersonal skills will allow you greater influence over your immediate circle in January. You'll be molding your schedule to accommodate a loving figure in February. At the time, it seems inconvenient, but increased good fortune in the early spring makes you see that all was worthwhile. Singles give in to love in June -- new love is met at a school of some kind.
We all may be getting older, but I'd like to think that we're still fairly young at heart. Speaking of "young at heart", here are some pics of my nephew, Miles, one of my favorite up and coming NY kids... I'm so happy that he's growing up here on the East Coast, instead of 3,000 miles away!